Welcome to #FlashMobWrites Week Three
Come one, come all! This is an open flash fiction challenge with a musical inspiration, hosted by authors Cara Michaels (formerly of #MenageMonday, #WIPflash, and#RaceTheDate) and Ruth Long (of the wicked fun #LoveBites and #DirtyGoggles challenges).
- The challenge begins: Fridays @ Noon EST (Eastern)
- And ends: Saturday @ Midnight PST (Pacific)
- Word count: 300-500 (no less, no more)
- We love you and wish to heap praises (and random prizes) on you, so be sure to include your name (no, it doesn’t have to be your real name) and a way for us to get in touch (Twitter handles are encouraged)
- A prompt choice is offered by each judge.
- The prompt may be split, but no order change or dropping words.*
- Words may be added before or after, not in the middle.*
For your musical enjoyment only. You do not need to reference the video in any way for your story.
CAUTION: This video features a seriously talented frontman with seriously hot tattoos. 😉
Cara Michaels: “leave the evidence far behind”
Ruth Long: “fall out of the atmosphere”
Now pick your prompt and post your story in the comments below!
*What does this mean? Well… here are examples using our prompts:
- YES: “Don’t leave the evidence.” Far behind us, the sedan crept closer.
- NO: I watched the ship fall straight out of the atmosphere.