Welcome to #FlashMobWrites Week Eighteen
Come one, come all! This is an open flash fiction challenge with a musical inspiration, hosted by authors Cara Michaels (formerly of #MenageMonday, #WIPflash, and#RaceTheDate) and Ruth Long (of the wicked fun #LoveBites and #DirtyGoggles challenges).
- The challenge begins: Fridays @ Noon EDT (Eastern USA)
- And ends: Saturday @ Midnight PST (Pacific USA)
- Word count: 300-500 (no less, no more)
- We love you and wish to heap praises (and random prizes) on you, so be sure to include your name (no, it doesn’t have to be your real name) and a way for us to get in touch (Twitter handles are encouraged)
- A prompt choice is offered by each judge. Choose one and include it in your story as given.
- The prompt may be split between sentences, but no order change or dropping words.
- Words may be added before or after, not in the middle.
Because JuNo is ending (thank all the gods) and Ruth and I are totally exhausted.
Our own decorated Mobster, Silver James, is guest judging this week. You know how we’ve been ‘shipping Corke around here for the last several weeks? Well, hot damn, she’s got a whole book of goodness for us to drool over (and prizes, of course):
BOSS: $10 iTunes gift card to fuel your writing soundtrack + an ebook from Silver’s backlist (READ ALL THE BOOKS!).
UNDERBOSS: an ebook from Silver’s awesome backlist
For your musical enjoyment only. You do not need to reference the video or song themes in any way for your story.
Silver James: “I’ll leave this life behind”
Cara Michaels: “to be the last one standing”
Ruth Long: “these iron bars can’t hold my soul”