Welcome to #FlashMobWrites Week Twenty-Six
Half a year? What?? Where the hell does time even go? It seems like we blinked and all of a sudden like, this challenge is no longer a newborn. We’re six months old!
Come one, come all! This is an open flash fiction challenge with a musical inspiration, hosted by authors Cara Michaels (formerly of #MenageMonday, #WIPflash, and#RaceTheDate) and Ruth Long (of the wicked fun #LoveBites and #DirtyGoggles challenges).
- The challenge begins: Fridays @ Noon EDT (Eastern USA)
- And ends: Saturday @ Midnight PST (Pacific USA)
- Word count: 300-500 (no less, no more)
- We love you and wish to heap praises (and random prizes) on you, so be sure to include your name (no, it doesn’t have to be your real name) and a way for us to get in touch (Twitter handles are encouraged)
- A prompt choice is offered by each judge. Choose one (or both!) and include it in your story as given.
- The prompt may be split between sentences, but no order change or dropping words.
- Words may be added before or after, not in the middle.
For your musical enjoyment only. You do not need to reference the video or song themes in any way for your story.
Cara Michaels: “love winds up”
Ruth Long: “I was watching”