Welcome to #FlashMobWrites Week Forty-Three
Come one, come all! This is an open flash fiction challenge with a musical inspiration, hosted by authors Cara Michaels (formerly of #MenageMonday, #WIPflash, and #RaceTheDate) and Ruth Long (of the wicked fun #LoveBites and #DirtyGoggles challenges).
- The challenge begins: Fridays @ Noon EDT (Eastern USA)
- And ends: Saturday @ Midnight PST (Pacific USA)
- Word count: 300-500 (no less, no more)
- We love you and wish to heap praises (and random prizes) on you, so be sure to include your name (no, it doesn’t have to be your real name) and a way for us to get in touch (Twitter handles are encouraged)
- A prompt choice is offered by each judge. Choose one (or both!) and include it in your story as given.
- The prompt may be split between sentences, but no order change or dropping words.
- Words may be added before or after, not in the middle.
This past Monday, we woke to the news of the passing of a legend. Rest in peace, David Bowie. This week, we salute your lasting embrace of the musical world, your style as fluid and changing as the world around you.
For your musical enjoyment only. You do not need to reference the video or song themes in any way for your story.
Cara Michaels: “ain’t that just like”
Ruth Long: “I’ve got scars that can’t be”