Welcome to #FlashMobWrites Week Fifty
Come one, come all! This is an open flash fiction challenge with a musical inspiration, hosted by authors Cara Michaels (formerly of #MenageMonday, #WIPflash, and #RaceTheDate) and Ruth Long (of the wicked fun #LoveBites and #DirtyGoggles challenges).
- The challenge begins: Fridays @ Noon EDT (Eastern USA)
- And ends: Saturday @ Midnight PST (Pacific USA)
- Word count: 300-500 (no less, no more)
- We love you and wish to heap praises (and random prizes) on you, so be sure to include your name (no, it doesn’t have to be your real name) and a way for us to get in touch (Twitter handles are encouraged)
- A prompt choice is offered by each judge. Choose one (or both!) and include it in your story as given.
- The prompt may be split between sentences, but no order change or dropping words.
- Words may be added before or after, not in the middle.
Offspring and I first met Halsey as the opening act to the Imagine Dragons tour. This song caught my attention as I watched the trailer for The Huntsman: Winter’s War trailer.
For your musical enjoyment only. You do not need to reference the video or song themes in any way for your story.
Cara Michaels: “headed straight for”
Ruth Long: “there’s an old man”